Email Us

FAQ at Raging Point Outfitters

FAQ at Raging Point Outfitters

What units, zones or areas in Arizona do you offer hunts?

We conduct our predator hunts & big game trophy trips state wide.

What is the terrain like?

Elevation varies from 1800-7800 feet depending on where you will be hunting. Public land hunts in the high country will be in aspen, ponderosa pine, pinon pine, chapparral, cedar, juniper, sage brush, and low/high desert country. Private ranches will be open cedar, juniper, sage, and low/high desert country.

Do I need to purchase my own license, tags, etc.?

Yes, you can purchase your necessary licenses, OTC permits, and tags online at AZGFD website or from a authorized vendor.

Do you rent or provide firearms/bows for hunts?

No, we are not permitted to provide any firearms/ammunition/bows/arrows for any of our hunts.

Is hunter blaze orange required?

No, it is not required in Arizona.

Are your private ranch hunts high fence?

Absolutely not, none of our hunts are high fence or baited. Fair chase is the only way we would conduct our hunts.

What is the average shot distance?

Rifle shots on big game will average from 100 out to 800 yards. Muzzle loader shots will average 50 to 175 and the archery will average 20 out to 70 yards. Rifle shots on predators will be 200 yards to 100 yards. Shot guns on predators expect point blank out to 40 yards.

What is the difference between Guided and Outfitted hunt?

The only difference between the two hunts is we supply the camp and meals on our Outfitted hunting trip.

What are your camps like?

Our camps will be large canvas wall tents with carpet, heat, lantern, cots or small camp trailer. Hot showers can be provided. Camps will have a host/cook with three home cooked meals a day is the normal. 

Can the guides & host/cook be tipped?

Yes. Our professional staff works very hard to make your hunt is 100% enjoyable and successful. Most tips are 10-15% of guide fees that hunter paid. Remember tips are always earned and always appreciated.

Is transportation provided to camp?

No, usually hunters that fly in will rent a vehicle at the airport. We will provide you with directions to the camp you will be hunting out of. We can provide transportation to hunters that require it for a fee.

What airport do I fly in to?

Sky Harbor International Airport Phoenix, AZ.

Plan Your Trip